Friday, November 20, 2009

What does your surname means my last name is carr which is irish and it means spear?

and there's a carr website and the homepage has picture of irland and there's this one thing that said queen mary told her soldiers to kill the carr's could it be possible my ancesters fought the brittish

What does your surname means my last name is carr which is irish and it means spear?
???


Why the rerun? This is almost the same exact question you asked a few weeks back...and since voters picked the best answer, it makes me wonder if you even read the replies you got the first time around.


The answer is that you will not know if your ancestors fought the British (or anyone) unless you trace your ancestry.
Reply:My surname is Flanagan, also Irish, meaning "red" or "ruddy"...I have been trying to find out more about my geneaology as well. I think it is possible your ancestors fought the British, they were enemies for a very long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment